Sunday, October 17, 2010

Paradise Hunting - It Feels Right

Crazy Life Update.......

I am in the middle of crunch time to land my dream job. I have to admit this seems kind of crazy and feels a bit strange. I have always been so responsible and committed to a clearly defined set of goals (in my job searches), that this unknowing and uncertainty is strange. And, getting friends and family (and the general public) to see that about you through a one minute video is not easy. You guys have all been amazing!! On average my votes are going up by 75 - 90 per day...yay!! That is a really amazing commitment on your part...so thank you! I have always found jobs through referrals, but this idea of needing over 4000 or 5000 referrals is a bit daunting..lol!

The experience has forced me to get really creative with what I would call "grass roots" marketing efforts. I have business cards made that I hand to everyone. I have an event on FB (through which I keep bugging you all daily) with over 1100 people linked. I have personally DM'ed each of my twitter followers for a vote. I have sent a Press Release to seven radio stations, five TV stations and 61 blogs (in and around Austin). And, I have lost my entire life with leaving no posts about anything in my regular life, just personal consumption and asking you to vote for me. LOL! So, first, thank you for indulging ;-) Second, if you can think of other marketing avenues, let me know! Lastly, please know that this pushes me way outside my comfort zone, because I am a helper and love to network to help you all find things that you need. It is out of my nature to ask for personal gain. I believe personal gain comes from being a good person.

However, after it's all said and done, this is honestly one of THE most exciting things that I have ever done. I have never felt so sure of my ability to do a job really, really well. I wake up each day anxious to see the votes and my ranking. The process is fun, but mostly it's the thought that this job could really be my next big adventure. It's thrilling and exhilarating to be part of such an amazing journey. And, the more I learn about the organization, the more I get excited to work with them. http://www.paradisehunter.com/. Check out their site for vacation and investment ideas.

I am still working on Social Media as well. I have two clients who are keeping me really busy and forcing me to work outside my comfort zone through learning new things. Stay tuned for launches of their Social Media campaigns. We are really working on getting them some much needed and deserved PR.

Vote for me here and please pass this link along to your email distributions (if you are so inclined):
www.paradisehunter.com/vote/jenniferparker3.html